WinSETT is Seeking Applicants for a Part-time, Contract Administrator:
WinSETT Centre is seeking letters of interest from candidates who share our vision to provide administration services. We welcome and encourage diversity. Read on to see if your interest and skillset are a match. Applications must be submitted by January 5, 2022 to to email@example.com.
Who We Are
The Canadian Centre for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology or WinSETT Centre, as we have come to be known, is an action‐oriented, non‐profit organization that was launched in 2010 after regional consultations and three national forums with key stakeholders including women in SETT. WinSETT Centre is focused on fostering opportunities that encourage women to enter, stay, grow and lead in science, engineering, trades and technology (SETT) careers. We envision a world where women participate fully in these areas. We take a national focus on advocating for women’s full inclusion in SETT workplaces and foster links between academia, industry, governments, associations, unions, and non‐governmental organizations.
What We Do
We help to position women for success by giving them the tools that they need to stay, grow and lead in SETT workplaces. WinSETT Centre does this by offering our Women in SETT Leadership Program, consisting of six facilitated, day-long workshops for women that are based on input from Canadian women in SETT and the latest Canadian and international research. During the pandemic, WinSETT has been able to pivot to 90-minute Skill Builder webinars to help women in SETT develop leadership and career management skills.
We influence and improve workplace culture by working with partners, researchers and employers. We help employers assess the current state, set objectives and build a plan that includes suitable and proven policies, training and interventions to help them create more respectful and inclusive workplaces for all of their employees.
We act as a national hub for information and research about women in SETT to provide partners, employers, women in SETT and other like-minded groups with the information they need to facilitate culture change within their organizations and beyond.
We celebrate women in science, engineering, trades and technology through social media, publications, presentations and our workshops so that all Canadians, and especially girls and young women making career choices, read and hear about the women who have made great contributions in their fields and continue to lead the way for others.
What We Need
- WinSETT is currently seeking an individual to fill a part-time contract role as our Administrator to provide the following services:
- Prepare reports as required by government, the Board and funders.
- With input from the Board members, prepare an annual schedule of Board meetings and AGM in December of each year.
- Arrange Board meetings and Annual General Meeting including preparation of appropriate materials and recording and distributing minutes in January, March, May, June, September and November.
- Arrange for annual in-person meeting of the Board (when health restrictions are lifted to allow this).
- Organize committee, project or other meetings, if requested.
- Use the WinSETT Centre MasterCard for pre-approved expenses, and provide back-up receipts, and supporting information to the WinSETT Treasurer.
- Handle the day-to-day inquiries to the WinSETT Centre, providing information where feasible or directing to appropriate person for respond.
- Manage communication through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage mail received at a WinSETT post office box convenient to the administrator and used as WinSETT’s snail mail mailing address.
- Work with the Board to prepare and issue WinSETT Quarterly Newsletter.
- Organize and manage any WinSETT Centre records and documents to ensure that they are provided to the appropriate parties within WinSETT and any applicable third party.
- As requested, follow up on unpaid invoices to clients for service deliveries.
- Contribute to the development of new initiatives as identified by the Board.
- Assist in the contracting of additional consultants where required and approved.
- Undertake any additional activities as mutually agreed upon between the Consultant and the Executive Committee.
- Support and assist the Treasurer with the maintenance of the financial records and be available to answer questions from the Treasurer, Directors, and the WinSETT Centre auditors about transactions and contracts.
- Board administration experience.
- Familiar with gender and diversity issues in science, engineering, trades and/or technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self starter who is organized and able to work on own.
- Meeting or event planning experience.
- Experienced team player.
- Competent user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom and Outlook.
- Able to set up and use Survey Monkey, Doodle Poll, Mail Chimp, Dropbox and Canva.
- Has own office setup, computer and software including security and virus protection.
- Bookkeeping experience an asset.
- Undergrad degree an asset.
- Experience communicating through social media an asset.
The role is a part-time contract position with a 3-month probation period and a 2-year term reporting to the WinSETT Chair. Anticipated hours are a minimum of 20 hours per month that with pre-approval may increase to 40 hours per month where project workload requires. Hourly rate is $45 plus GST.