The WinSETT Centre has been offering our Online Leadership Skill Building sessions to participants from all across Canada since the fall of 2020. Participants have rated these sessions highly, especially when it comes to our skilled facilitators, interactivity, and having met expectations.
“This was a fantastic course – one that all young women should take when starting off their careers. I was extremely impressed and will recommend this to other women in my network.”Recent Participant
What can you expect from a WinSETT Online Leadership Skill Builder?
Leadership Skill Builders are “slices” of our in person workshops and are open to all genders. They are 90-minutes, online and built on the following principles:
- Live Delivery: a WinSETT facilitator and moderator are both online to deliver the content, encourage the discussion, and respond to questions. All Skill Builders are facilitated over the Zoom platform.
- Adult Learning: all Skill Builders are structured to meet the needs of Adult Learners, with in-depth pre-session and post-session materials to prepare and complete the learning experience.
- Interactive: participation is limited to 35 registrants to ensure maximum interaction. We utilize breakout rooms, collaborative documents, polls, and other interactive tools.
- A Safe Learning Environment: our Skill Builders are never recorded, only registered participants can enter, and the moderator will remove anyone behaving inappropriately.
- Professionally Facilitated. WinSETT has nine facilitators across the country. They are engineers, scientists, educators, coaches, and technologists and passionate about providing leadership learning opportunities to women in SETT.
- Professionally organized: session materials and online platform instructions sent in advance, reminders to registrants sent with clear instructions on how and when to join and what to expect in session, and all sessions are evaluated.
- Provide networking opportunities: participants are from all over Canada get to know each other in the breakout rooms, all participants are invited to follow us on social media and join our mailing list for other events, newsletters, etc.
“The partnership between Enbridge and WinSETT has delivered tremendous value for our emerging leaders. The content delivered through the WinSETT Women’s Leadership Program covers key insights that women can draw on to position themselves as high-value talent. Our participants hold the program in high regard as it provides exceptional nudges to help them advance their careers”Kimberley Grant, Manager, Diversity, Inclusion & Talent Acquisition Strategy, Enbridge
Recent Participant Video Testimonial
What is the Price Tag?
A private Online Skill Builder with up to 35 participants is $2,200. There are discounts available for multi-session purchases.
WinSETT commits to offering Online Skill Builders publicly with individual seats available for anyone to purchase. The cost per seat is $81. A limited number of reduced-price seats can be made available for students, apprentices, or unwaged people upon request.
Many educational institutions, non-profit, and for-profit companies opt to purchase seats in bulk for their members to enable each of their members to select the content and timing that suits them best. Contact email@example.com to discuss enacting this option for your organization.
“I see the need to have these workshops online so that more people in remote places can take the session together. We all learn from each other and consequently build a stronger community! Absolutely well done!!!”Anji Lanz, Design Engineer, Haakon Industry
How can I Learn More?
For further information on the offerings of the WinSETT Centre, please contact Katherine Sinex, National Leadership Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I really enjoyed the content and facilitators. I felt very welcomed and enjoyed seeing all the faces! Well done!”Recent Participant
“I feel very fortunate in having had the opportunity to participate in the first cohort of WinSETT in Houston. Some of the great benefits in participating in the program:
- The program really did create a sense of comradery among those involved
- Getting to know a group of women with the same background and hearing their stories aid in feeling that we are not alone in our careers, it’s empowering!
- Learning about the different leadership and communication styles provided the tools to navigate, with more confidence, through difficult conversations
- Gave me a new perspective on how important it is to be part of employee resources groups.”